Assistant Technical Director
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
- Report to and work with the Technical Director primarily while also maintaining effective working relationships with the rest of the office staff.
- Assist in managing all technical aspects of production and performance in the theatre
- Works in a variety of departments (lighting, sound, carpentry, rigging, etc) including the operation of consoles, flylines, etc. during show.
- Provides effective leadership for relief staff.
- Maintains and operates all theatre facilities and equipment in accordance with safety standards and legal regulations.
- Coordinates with rental and presented clients to ascertain and fulfill the technical needs of the show.
- Plays an active role on the Health and Safety Committee.
- Ability to provide excellent and professional customer service to a varied field of renters/clients.
- Able to work in a physically and mentally demanding high-stress environment and consistently long hours.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in live performance or event production. (Applicants with a strong, experienced background in Audio preferred.)
- Demonstrated operational knowledge of all theatre technical systems including:
o DiGiCo SD9 Digital Mixing Console
o ETC ION Lighting Console
o Counterweight and hemp fly systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in audio including set-up and mixing of FOH and monitors for a variety of applications
- Ability to motivate and provide direction and support to clients and crew
- Proven time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency with computer software programs; Auto CAD/Vectorworks and Microsoft Office, Q-Lab
- A post-secondary education in a technical theatre program or equivalent experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with the follow certifications:
o LPEC, LE, or FE
o Fall Arrest
o Aerial Work Platform (Scissor Lift)
o PAL - both Restricted and Non-Restricted
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications.
Please drop your resume off in person at 3800 -33rd Street, Vernon, BC or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank everyone who applies, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.