Employment Opportunities - Accepting Applications
The Vernon and District Performing Arts Centre is currently accepting applications for 1 position(s), as follows:
Please note: If no information on how to apply is supplied in the respective ad, please see our general How To Apply instructions found at the bottom of this page.
Food & Beverage Service Coordinator
The Food & Beverage Service Coordinator at the Vernon and District Performing Arts Centre is a new position. This person will be responsible for the successful operation of the concession, bar and merchandise outlets at the Front of House. This is a permanent part-time position, averaging approximately 25 hours per week, with flexible hours but substantial evening and weekend work during our operating season, which is approximately 10 months of the year.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and maintenance of food and beverage services
- Manage volunteer roster, including training, supervision, evaluations and recognition
- Ensure quality of products being served; orders and controls inventories
- Oversight of merchandise sales at events
- Ensure adherence to BCLDB, Interior Health and WCB standards and requirements
- Develop and maintain a Point of Sale system and sales records, including cash and credit card management
- Work closely with Guest Relations Team Leader to ensure a positive theatre patron experience.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Two to five years experience in food and beverage operations and managing personnel
- Cash management and electronic point of sale oversight experience
- Ability to maintain interpersonal working relationships among all personnel
- Oral and written communication skills
- General computer literacy
- Must have, or be willing and qualified to attain, Food Safe, Serving it Right and First Aid certification
Application deadline: October 15 2015
- This can be a physically demanding job, requiring long periods of time on your feet.
- Lifting and/or moving up to 30 lbs of product
- This position will require substantial evening and weekend work.